Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR)
The Global Facility for Disaster Reduction and Recovery (GFDRR) is a global partnership program for disaster risk management and climate change adaptation managed by the World Bank on behalf of its members. GFDRR supports implementation of Hyogo Framework for Action (HFA)’s successor, the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030. Through its in-country work, GFDRR awards grants for specific activities in line with its seven operating principles:
- Demand-driven approach to ensure maximum impact
- Leveraging development investments and policies
- Focusing on inclusive design and participation
- Empowering women and mainstreaming gender
- Jointly addressing disaster and climate risk
- Developing knowledge and sharing best practices
- Prioritizing a results-oriented approach
Access GFDRR allocates resources through a demand-driven approach based on strategic objectives and the application of grant allocation criteria as defined by the Consultative Group (CG).
On a rolling basis.